Mangoes are in season now. They are super cheap (3/$1 or 2/$1). Perfect time to make some yummy sorbet for you and/or your family. Enjoy!
You can use any fruit for this dessert.
Mango Sorbet Without An Ice Cream Maker -
1. Use a peeler, peel off the mango skin. Simply cut the mango halves along the thin flat mango seed. Add everything in either a blender or food processor (Now is time to add your choice of sweetener. I used organic Agave), blend until smooth.
2. Pour mango purée into a freezer-safe container. I just used my nonstick rectangular cake pan, lined the pan with parchment paper. Place pan in freezer to set. About 2 hours.
3. Remove your mango purée from freezer and re-mix everything together again in food processor. Why re-mix the puree again? This keeps the ice crystals from forming and saving your sorbet from turning into a giant mango ice cube. Allow at least 8 hours or until firm. Five mangoes yields about a little more than one quart of mango sorbet.
4. Feel free to add splashes of freshly squeezed lemon juice or some fresh mint sprigs. I opted out this option because I wanted my mango sorbet tastes like nothing but mangoes.
5. Now we eat yummy homemade mango sorbet!
Why discard the seeds from the fruits you eat? Here's a suggestion...I plant 80% of the fruits i eat, when they grow into tree seedlings, I give them away to whomever wants them. This is my participation of "Staying Green" and practice the sustainable movement. Try it (Do it!)...It is easy to do your part on keeping this planet healthy and green. Small efforts can yield great results. Feel free to ask me any questions you might have
My Tumblr - - - emerald753.tumblr.com/ - Follow me if you haven't yet...
For questions/inquires about my work, feel free to check out the FAQ on my front page Want to see more...Check out my scrap folder
All images are ©copyright theresahelmer. You may NOT use, replicate, manipulate, or modify images without my permission. All Rights Reserved
"No Critique Desired"
But I'll try it anyway, it looks super delicious
Yeah, I could make it out of apricots, raspberries, strawberries, peaches, pineapple, or any of the other fruits currently in season in the great state of California, but none of them are mango.
I am feeding this to my mom on her birthday.