To make pot stickers:
~1 ground chicken breast (or meat of your choice, or you can opt out meat, make this into vegetarian pot stickers).
~ 8 large shrimp (shelled and divined)
~ 1/2 cabbage or vegetable of your choice.
~ 1 tablespoon chopped green onion (some of you might call it green scallion)
~ 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
~ 1/2 teaspoon 5-spice powder (you can now buy this from your local grocery store, if you do not have it, okay too!)
~ 2 tablespoon soy sauce (light or dark, it does not matter)
~ 2 tablespoon sesame oil
~ 2 teaspoon salt
~ 1 tablespoon corn starch
~ 1 package store bought pot sticker wrappers
~ 3 tablespoon cooking oil (just use whatever you have, excluding olive oil)
~ 2/3 cup water
1. Place chicken in bowl, add shrimp (cut into small pieces), cabbage (see 2 on how to prepare this), green onion, ginger, 5-spice powder, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn starch and salt. Mix thoroughly until thickened.
2. Cook cabbage in boiling water for about 2 minutes, once cooked, plunge into cold water. Squeeze dry and chop finely. Squeeze dry again.
3. See this video on how to fold pot stickers into shape - www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UhkSK…
4. Heat a flat frying pan until very hot, add oil, when oil is hot, add pot stickers (do not overlap), fry until bottom is golden (about 1 minute) on medium high heat, add 2/3 cup water, cover and cook until water has entirely evaporated.
5. For dipping sauce - I generally make my own. These days you can buy the dipping sauce from stores. But soy sauce and sesame oil mixture will do just fine, oh...and a touch of vinegar. A little acidity always makes the food taste better. My Tumblr - - - emerald753.tumblr.com/ - Follow me if you haven't yet...
For questions/inquires about my work, feel free to check out the FAQ on my front page Want to see more...Check out my scrap folder
All images are ©copyright theresahelmer. You may NOT use, replicate, manipulate, or modify images without my permission. All Rights Reserved