To make pot stickers:
~1 Ground Chicken breast (or meat of your choice, or you can opt out meat, make this into vegetarian pot stickers). If you are using pork or beef, not too lean are recommended, gives the pot stickers more flavor.
~ 8 large shrimp (shelled and divined)
~ 1/2 Cabbage or vegetable of your choice.
~ 1 Tablespoon chopped green onion (some of you might call it green scallion)
~ 1 Teaspoon chopped ginger
~ 1/2 teaspoon 5-spice powder (you can now buy this from your local grocery store, if you do not have it, okay too!)
~ 2 Tablespoon soy sauce (light or dark, it does not matter)
~ 2 Tablespoon sesame oil
~ 2 teaspoon salt
~ 1 Tablespoon corn starch
~ 1 package store bought pot sticker wrappers
~ 3 Tablespoon cooking oil (just use whatever you have, excluding olive oil)
~ 2/3 Cup water
1. Place chicken in bowl, add shrimp (cut into small pieces), cabbage (see 2 on how to prepare this), green onion, ginger, 5-spice powder, soy sauce, sesame oil, corn starch and salt. Mix thoroughly until thickened.
2. Cook cabbage in boiling water for about 2 minutes, plunge into cold water. Squeeze dry and chop finely. Squeeze dry again.
3. See this video on how to fold pot stickers into shape - www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UhkSK…
4. Heat a flat frying pan until very hot, add oil, when oil is hot, add pot stickers (do not overlap), fry until bottom is golden (about 1 minute) on medium high heat, add 2/3 cup water, cover and cook until water has entirely evaporated.
5. For dipping sauce - I generally make my own. These days you can buy the dipping sauce from stores. But soy sauce and sesame oil mixture will do just fine, oh...and a touch of vinegar. A little acidity always makes the food taste better.
My Tumblr - - - emerald753.tumblr.com/
- If you have not done so yet....
For questions/inquires about my work, feel free to check out the FAQ on my front page All images are ęcopyright theresahelmer. You may NOT use, replicate, manipulate, or modify images without my permission. All Rights Reserved