Black Sesame Candy ~ This is a childhood candy and I LOVE this candy so much...here is how....
Conversion Chart - www.onlineconversion.com/
2 C Sesame Seeds (regular or black)
1 C Light brown sugar
3/4 C Water
4 Tablespoons honey
1. In a large skillet, roast sesame seeds over low heat until they start to pop. They should become fragment after 4 or 5 minutes. Remove seeds from heat and reserve.
2. In a medium saucepan, combine brown sugar, water and honey over low heat.
3. Stir often until sugar is melted, making sure that the syrup does not burn.
4. Remove from heat when the syrup is thick (about 5-7 minutes).
5. Immediately pour sesame seeds into syrup, mixing to combine.
6. Spread the sesame seed and syrup mixture onto a cookie sheet that is either greased or lined with parchment paper.
7. Place another piece of parchment paper on top and roll gently with a rolling pin to flatten the top of the candy.
8. Let candy cool about 5 minutes and then cut with a sharp knife into 1-inch squares or smaller rectangles. (Grease the knife if you are having a hard time cutting through).
9. Cool completely and enjoy or store in an airtight container.Some Facts about Sesame Seeds:
Sesame seeds are one of the oldest condiments known to man- they were first recorded as a crop in Babylon over 4,000 years ago. It has remained a popular spice in the Middle and Near East. Its use in cooking spread through Africa and Asia and finally to other parts of the world.
Sesame oil is resistant to rancidity, so it had particular value in ancient times.
My Tumblr - - - emerald753.tumblr.com/ - Follow me if you haven't yet...
For questions/inquires about my work, feel free to check out the FAQ on my front page
All images are ęcopyright theresahelmer. You may NOT use, replicate, manipulate, or modify images without my permission. All Rights Reserved